Friday, February 11, 2011

A Box Of Chocolates....Cupcakes


Last week I got an email from Taste of Home with the subject of Box-of-Chocolates Cupcakes. That was all I needed, without even opening the email I started picturing making cupcakes that looked like a box of chocolates. (Now you know, many of my ideas are not original, just improved) :) The box of chocolates I envisioned was a box of 12 chocolates (cupcakes) in brown wrappers, filled with actual chocolates, then frosted to look like the chocolates that are inside.


I originally thought about baking the chocolates inside the cupcake, but the new devils food cake batter I tried was so thin I decided to play it safe, and just fill the cupcakes after they were done baking. Filling them after also helped me remember what chocolate was in what cupcake.



After the cupcakes were filled I frosted them according to the candies inside. Actually I'm lying, I started to do it that way but it looked boring, so I used artistic license to jazz up a few of them.


I think they turned out pretty cute. I could have taken more time on the frosting and made them look cleaner, but I was a little over extended, baking two different breads (4 loaves total) and making spaghetti for dinner, I am not Super Woman after all. :) (Don't tell my family that though.) Not only were they cute they were delicious, and because I hand picked the chocolates inside, there was no need to poke your finger through to see if raspberry filling was lurking inside, they were all Sugartarian approved.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails