Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Homemade Oreo Cookies


I am dunker, well maybe more of a drowner. I drop the whole Oreo into the milk and let it sit, fishing out with a spoon a few seconds later. I had never heard of homemade Oreos until Bouchon Bakery, where they are known as TKO's, they are good, but not one of my must haves when I visit.(I know you are probably tired of hearing about Thomas Keller, but bear with me I only have a few more recipes.)  With all my Christmas baking I though Oreos would be a great cookie to leave for Santa. The recipe is super simple and the ingredenits are fairly basic so you can whip these up just in time for Christmas Eve.

Oreo Cookies
From food.com

cookies:
1 1/2 cups plus 3Tbs flour
3/4 cups sugar
3/4 cups plus 1 Tbs cocoa powder
1/2 tsp salt
15 Tbs unsalted butter, cut into 3/4" cubes, at room temperature

filling:
1/2 cup heavy cream
8 oz. white chocolate

For Cookies:
In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, and salt, and mix on low speed. with the mixer still on low, add the butter a piece at a time. Continue mixing until pebble size pieces form, about 4 minutes. Form into a ball with hands
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Seperate the dough into 2 pieces. Roll each piece of dough between 2 pieces of plastic wrap to 1/8 inch thick. Cut into shapes with cookie cutters. Place 1/2 inch apart on baking sheet lined with Silpat liners.
Bake for 12-15 minutes, roating halfway through baking. Remove and cool in the pan for 5 minutes.


For Filling:

Bring cream to a simmer in a saucepan. Pour over chocolate in a medium bowl, and let stand for 5 minutes. Stir until smooth. Let cool completely in the refrigerator checking every 15 minutes. Whisk until fluffy. Using a pastry bag pipe filling on one side of cookie and sandwich. 
 
 
There you have it, grown up Oreos.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails