Thursday, May 13, 2010

Chocolate And More Chocolate

Today my afternoon snack was a small box of Woodhouse chocolates from mothers day. Woodhouse Chocolate's have to be the best chocolates ever, and this box was no exception. The letters are dark chocolate ganache and the heart was white chocolate with a silky smooth citrus filling that I couldn't exactly make out. It definitely had a lemon taste but it was subtle and there was a hint of something I couldn't put my finger on. So after further investigating it turns out it was a lavender lemon infusion. It was absolutely decadent. There chocolates are perfection. I am so glad I still have a box of 24 chocolates still left.

My other snack was a peanut butter cup from Bouchon. These things are huge, about 3 inches in diameter, 1 inch thick and weights 3.6 oz. They are more of a hockey puck than a cup. It takes me a few days to eat one, as I savor every morsel. These aren't your average peanut butter cups. They have a nice chocolate shell filled with a soft, not necessarily peanut butter filling. I just can't figure it out. Its not the dry chalky peanut butter, no not these. These have smooth creamy adult flavored filling with a slight crunch coming from a mystery source. I can't try to hard to find the secret to these monsters, or I will be making them everyday. The price for these peanut butter paperweights are somewhere between $6-$10 (As a frequent visitor to this bakery it's best not to know prices.), and worth every penny.
Sweet Dreams,

Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails