Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Bubblegum Vodka

 
I love bubble gum. My favorite ice cream flavor as a child was bubble gum, and it still might be.  I remember ordering the yummy unnaturally blue ice cream and getting the tiny cup to spit the gumballs into. Once you finished the delicious ice cream you still had a treat of faded slobbery gumballs to enjoy. A few years ago I made gumball cupcakes, and they were just as delicious as the ice cream. 
A few weeks ago I stumbled across a blog that made bubble gum vodka. I was the prettiest shade of pink and HELLO it has a bubble gum flavor, so of coarse I was in. I only had two problems, I don't like alcohol, and when would I ever drink vodka. Lucky for me the perfect occasion came up, camping. (Isn't that why people camp?) So now came the issue of alcohol. When I order drinks I am the odd one who asks for less alcohol. I hate the gasoline taste and the burn as it goes down you throat. After much research I found a brand that supposedly didn't have that, they claim the better the alcohol the smoother it is. I don't know about any of this, but I went and bought the brand they said was one of the best, Chopin. When I opened it, it didn't smell like the vodka I know, and after tasting it, it didn't taste bad either. Add a little bubble gum to it and you got yourself a yummy girly drink.
Bubble Gum Vodka

750ml bottle Vodka
20 pieces Bubblegum
1 large mason jar
small kitchen funnel

Sanitize jar and lid ( I don't know if this is necessary for alcohol, but I am slightly OCD.)
Pour vodka into jar
Place pieces of gum inside ( I cut mine into small pieces, but I don't think it's necessary.)
Close jar with lid
Swirl around a little
Leave in refrigerator for 24 hours, swirling gum inside every so often.
After 24 hours pour vodka in jar back into bottle using funnel (I sanitized my funnel like the jars. OCD)
I refrigerated my finished Bubblegum Vodka, because I read to serve it chilled.

I was originally thinking about mixing it with Sprite or Cherry 7up, but it's so good I think we might drink it straight. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails