Thursday, July 15, 2010

Chocolate Chip Cookie Saga

The chocolate chip cookie saga continues. After my afternoon exercise the first thing that popped into my head was to make Chocolate Chip Butterfinger Cookies. (My trainer said it is good to eat high protein food after working out.) I am still on my Chocolate Cookie Project, but I am not sure I can truly qualify this as part of the mission.

Chocolate Chip Cookies #2 (with Butterfinger)

2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2/4 cup melted butter
1/4 cup Crisco
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 egg room temperature
1 egg yolk room temperature
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
1 cup Butterfinger chunks

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Chop up Butterfinger bar coarsely.
In a small bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
In bowl of stand mixer beat butter, Crisco, and sugars until creamy.
Add vanilla and eggs and beat until combined.
Stir in chocolate chips and Butterfinger.
Bake 15 to 17 minutes.

Results: Delicious, but the next day the Butterfinger makes the cookie very crispy, which my son liked better. I am definitely going to make these again, probably every time I make chocolate chip cookies. I thought about using Butterfinger BB's but apparently they don't make them any more. With all that said they were not puffy Oregon cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails