Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy 4th Of July

 
I made Oreo Cookie Cupcakes for the Fourth Of July party we went to and they were a big hit. I jazzed them up for the 4th by adding gold star sprinkles. Everyone loved them except the surprise inside was a bummer. At the bottom of each cupcake hid an Oreo Cookie. It was a cute idea I saw on several blogs but for some reason it didn't work for me, the cookies ended up sticking to the cupcake wrapper. 
It is actually the frosting that really makes these cupcakes, because it taste just like Oreo Cookies. I used my regular cupcake recipe and I slightly modify my butter cream recipe.

Oreo Frosting

1 cup butter
1 cup shortening
1 2lb bag powder sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla
3/4 milk
1/4 cup cocoa powder
black food coloring
10 Oreo cookies crushed
  • Beat butter and shortening until creamy.
  • Slowly add the powder sugar
  • Add salt and vanilla
  • With mixer on low add milk and beat until fluffy.
  • Stir in by hand cocoa powder, a few drops of food coloring and the crushed Oreo's. Do not over mix, leave streaky.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails